Governance reflects the nature of our organisation and the way we do things. We operate in an open way so the community knows we’re accountable for what we do and how we do it.
- a community based organisation
- incorporated as an association in the ACT
- a registered charity.
We have our own Constitution, a Board and four standing committees.
Our Constitution states that the purpose of CMS is to:
- enhance the parenting competence and confidence of people parenting young children through its health and community development programs
- identify emerging needs for services and support among its client groups, and provide leadership in the development and provision of services that promote the welfare of its clients
- work in close collaboration with government, other service providers and the community in the provision of services that promote the health and well being of families
- promote and provide education services for parents and carers, the general community and professionals working with families which will assist in achieving these aims
- promote research in primary health care and community development that relates to CMS’ client community.
Focusing on families with young children