The Canberra Mothercraft Society is proud to be a funding supporter of the ACT’s first Imagination Library in Kippax.
Imagination Library is a free book gifting program aimed at inspiring a love of reading in children. Enrolled children receive a high-quality, age-appropriate book in the mail every month, at no cost. This program caters to children from birth to age five and aligns with the Early Childhood Strategy and Best Start for Canberra’s Children. It directly addresses the need to enhance the school readiness of children in Belconnen by increasing their exposure to literacy within their homes.
At this stage, Imagination Library is being piloted in the suburbs of Holt, MacGregor, Higgins and Latham, specifically for vulnerable and at-risk children aged 0-3 years.
The aim of this project is to:
- Support the early literacy home environment of children in the Kippax area.
- Contribute to the decreasing development vulnerability of the Kippax region according to the AEDC.
- Strengthen partnership and connections between community services operating in the region.
- Strengthen partnerships and connections between community services and families in Kippax.
- Work collaboratively to achieve shared values and visions of enriching early childhood development.
The Canberra Mothercraft Society provided $5,000 in funding support to this project in 2023.