Today is Harmony Day, the day that we celebrate Australia’s cultural diversity. This day is about inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone.
In the 2016-17 Financial Year, QEII Family Centre welcomed primary carers from 57 different countries of birth.
At QEII we strive to meet the needs of our culturally diverse community by:
• providing quality interpreter services;
• using interpreters to help clients explain what they need and how to provide feedback;
• educating staff on cultural diversity and cultural safety;
• providing staff with resources so they can better understand different cultural needs;
• supporting clients with parenting practices that are appropriate to their culture; and
• providing meals that are compatible with cultural requirements.